1) I don’t recover from three-day trips across the country as fast as I used to.
2) The Lake they call Michigan is FREAKING HUGE. Even at 10,000 feet in the air.
3) Chicago is also huge. And that’s before you add in the Chicagoland suburbs.
4) O’Hare has the oddest toilets I have ever seen, and I’ve been to Japan. They have automated seat covers.
5) If you’re ever near Wacounda, IL, you need to eat at Bulldogs Grill. I highly recommend the Godfather Burger, which has a hand formed patty, tomato basil marinara, and provolone on a garlic bun.
6) In 2008, I posted that I had never eaten at White Castle. Well, now I have. And I don’t have to eat there ever again.
7) Smartest thing I’ve ever done before a flight: Ordered some pulp novels through Powells.com to be picked up at the PDX airport.