- A decent knife. All of mine are dull and older than I am.
- Microplane grater. I’ve been stealing my housemate’s for so long, I forgot it wasn’t really mine.
- Seperate cutting boards for meats. Living with vegans who have a “Meat is Murder” poster up in the kitchen will do that to you.
- Kettle. Of course, I do now have a microwave, but that’s just not the same.
- Granite countertops. Oh, sure, the laminate is beautiful, but I just know I’m going to forget and put a hot pan on it.
- More than one pot. Housemates at old place had a full set of Le Creuset, from a wee half-quart to a giant dutch oven, that they never used. So I put them to real good use. Often.
- Dishes. I have one soup bowl and two salad plates.