Who’s Blathering?Yes, my legal name is Mary Sue. My family has lived on the same piece of land in the Napa Valley (California) for five generations. So, of course, I fled for Portland, Oregon as soon as I could. I like eating. I like drinking. I really like being me.
- This blog is in hibernation.
- The Lord is risen, indeed!
- Portland Smoothie
- Football as a Metaphor for Work Ethics in the Americas
- Open letter to Barb Anderson from Champlin, MN
- My rage keeps me warm
- What Girl Scout Cookies Mean To Me
- I made a pretty!
- Mesoamerican Archaeology Lesson
- Chag sameach Chanukkah!
Most Requested Blatherings
- Adventures in Trai Au
- [Food] Rice Can Give You Food Poisoning
- Getting the last bit of peanut butter out of the jar
- [Fangirl] Clean Living was his credo, and Justice was his ride
- "You gotta enjoy the little things"
- Comics Catch-Up: Buffy the Vampire Slayer issues 19-35
- Is it cheaper to buy a whole chicken?
- Crock Pot Mashed Potatoes / Colcannon
- Review: Trader Joe's Stir Fry Ginger Scallion Sauce
- The Cake is A Lie - The Short Explanation
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Author Archives: eatdrinkandbemarysue
I’m not sure if it’ll be back, or even if it’ll be in a blog format. I’ve had some other things on my mind and in my life lately. But I was dragged back here because I’ve been getting a … Continue reading
Happy Easter! Here, have some irreverence.
I hereby dub this the Portland Smoothie. Not so much for what’s in it, but for the directions on how to make it. This came out of a fascinating discovery I made this weekend. If you really like pulpy orange … Continue reading
The sport that USAdians call ‘football’ (despite the low percentage of the time that feet actually come into contact with the ball) is clearly a metaphor for the corporate management culture of the USA. Wherein nine-tenths of the time on … Continue reading
Dear Barb Anderson from Champlin, MN: I recently learned of your letter to the editor in the Coon Rapids Herald dated 6/1/2011. This was pointed out to me by a Rolling Stone article which quoted you, but did not provide … Continue reading
It seems lately I’m angrier than usual. The world seems to be doing its best to escalate my blood pressure. And I really wonder whyinhell people spend time on Twitter searching for people who have opinions contrary to theirs, and … Continue reading
Girl Scout cookies mean summer camp. Girl Scout cookies mean arts and crafts. Girl Scout cookies mean learning to work together with people you hatehateHATE. Girl Scout cookies mean Bridging Ceremonies walking across the Golden Gate bridge. Girl Scout cookies … Continue reading
I’ve been knitting a lot lately. It’s not something I ever really did before, because I was a die-hard hooker crocheter, and I still am crocheting, but knitting has some fun stuff. Like the Hitchiker scarf, which is supposed to … Continue reading
This is the Monolito de la Piedra del Sol, sometimes referred to as the ‘Aztec Calendar’. It has a 365-day calendar cycle, a 260-day ritual cycle called tonalpohualli, which form a a 52-year “century”. This is Tortuguero Monument 6. It … Continue reading
Yeah, it’s the 8th night, so here’s Matisyahu on ice.